- Born: 1210, Annandale, Dumfriesshire, Scotland 808,5566
- Married (1): May 1240-1244, Scotland 808,5566,5567
- Married (2): Before 10 May 1275, 3rd husband 2nd wife 5566,5567
- Died: 31 Mar 1295, Loch Maben Castle, Dumfrieshire, Scotland 808,5566
- Buried: 17 Apr 1295, Guisburn, Cleveland, Yorkshire, England
Another name for Robert was Robert DE BRUCE.
Ancestral File Number: 9G42-PK.
Sir Robert de Brus, b. 1210, d. Lochmaben Castle 31 Mar 1295, Lord of Anandale, son of Robert de Brus, d. 1251, and Isabella, daughter of David of Huntingdon and Maud of Chester. He m. (2) before 10 May 1275 Christian, daughter & heir of Sir William d'Irby, and widow, successivley of Sir Thomas de Lascelles who dsp bef Aug 1261, and Sir Adam de Gesemuth who d. between 27 July 1270 and 23 April 1274 [Magna Charta Sureties] 5567
Robert married Isabel DE CLARE, daughter of Sir Gilbert DE CLARE 5th Earl of Hertford and Lady Isabel MARSHAL, in May 1240-1244 in Scotland 808,5566,5567. (Isabel DE CLARE was born on 2 Nov 1226 in Tewksbury, Gloucestershire, England 808,5566 and died after 10 Jul 1264 in Cleveland, Yorkshire, Scotland 808,5566.)
Robert also married Christian D' IRBY before 10 May 1275 in 3rd husband 2nd wife 5566,5567. (Christian D' IRBY was born about 1225 in Scotland.)